Looking for bartending work in the small, Eastern Sierra town of Benson? Before you take a job at The Dusty Saddle, here are a few things you should know according to Claire McEwen.
1) Tyler Ellis is expanding this old dive bar to make the finest western bar and dancehall east of the Sierras. So be prepared for a whole lot of construction noise during your shift. And maybe some dust too.
2) Kit Hayes has worked at The Dusty Saddle for years— way before Tyler ever bought the place. She can teach you everything you need to know, and then some. Just don’t mention Tyler’s ‘improvements’ to Kit, or you’ll get an earful. She doesn’t like all these changes to the old bar she’s loved for so long.
3) Weeknights might be quiet at The Dusty Saddle, but just wait for the weekend. The bar will be packed with the most interesting group of misfits you can imagine. Miners, prospectors, ranch hands, folks who live on their own way out in the desert… they all come to The Dusty Saddle for a drink and some company.
4) Keep an eye on Tyler’s groupies. They’re easy to spot, in their Daisy Dukes and cowboy boots, all trying to get the handsome ex- rodeo champion’s attention. They look awfully young, so make sure you card them!
5) Most of all, watch out when Tyler and Kit get too near each other behind the bar. Sparks will fly and you might get scorched!
Title: His Last Rodeo (Sierra Legacy #4) by Claire McEwen
Release date: May 1, 2017
Published: Harlequin Superromance
Back in the saddle again…
Tyler Ellis catches Kit Hayes completely off guard when he swaggers back home and into the bar she manages. Since high school, he’s been a champion rodeo star…a notorious playboy…and now, apparently, a bar owner. She accepts his offer of a hefty bonus and helps him transform the place because she’s desperate to escape their tiny town in the Sierras. She doesn’t expect him to work this hard beside her. Where’s the cocky cowboy he’s supposed to be? Instead, she discovers he’s still the sweet, genuine young man she once knew. And so much more…including a threat to the adventurous life she craves.
Click to read an excerpt of His Last Rodeo
Click to add to your Goodreads shelf.
About Claire McEwen
Claire McEwen lives by the ocean in Northern California with her family and a scruffy, mischievous terrier. She loves writing stories where strong heroes and heroines take big, emotional journeys to find their happily-ever-afters. When not dreaming up new books, she can be found digging in her garden with a lot of enthusiasm but, unfortunately, no green thumb. She loves discovering flea-market treasures, walking on the beach, dancing, traveling and reading, of course!